Monday, August 13, 2007

Raging Narcissism. Or: I Look SOOOO Good

Just to point it out, I have changed the image at the top of this blog not because I have a raging need to see a Photoshopped image of myself (although I do), but because Peace Corps told me to; it is against Peace Corps policy to have the PC logo on any non-official document or used in any non-official way, and my previous blog banner had the logo on it. So I had to change it and this was the first thing I came up with. The end.

In current-news-related news, things are pretty much same old same old: we're overworked and stressed, and the forthcoming final language test is striking fear into us. Also striking fear into me in particular is the move to our permanent sites next Friday; mine could end up being awesome, as I've said, or it could end up being terrible, and I don't yet know which it will be. It will definitely be more lonely a lot of the time, especially depending on how much I am allowed to travel in my first few months at post (we're not allowed to take vacation time for our first three months at site, but none of us is yet quite sure whether this applies to, for instance, spending a weekend at a friend's post, since we're technically "on the job" all the time here. We think.). We'll see how it goes, and I'll be sure to keep everyone updated. Also, since I just thought of this and it's easier than switching browser windows to type it separately: Edan, when are you leaving, again? I am going to be very interested to see how different the experience is depending on what country you're in; I have no idea whether PST is relatively normalized across posts or whether what we're doing is totally different than what Morocco volunteers do. Let me know.

Oh, and since it was asked, the girlfriend is American and her name is Ellen.

2 comments:

Edan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Edan said...

I am leaving for staging in Philadelphia on September 7th and for PST in Morocco September 11th. As far as I know, PST is largely the same everywhere with some small exceptions. I am looking forward to it. I'll be sure to keep you updated. I also hope you're happy with your permanent site assignment. Stay safe and post some more pictures already! including some of the new girlfriend!!!